The key to our Custom Silicon Fuzz Pedal “Fuzz 292″ is a 3-way voicing switch; treble-boosted fuzz, a standard moderate gain voicing, and high gain fuzz-fever freakout. So at the flick of a switch, the Fuzz 292 changes it’s overall character and how it reacts to your picking and guitar volume knob adjustments.
In addition to the (naturally necessary) volume control and 3-way voicing switch, we’ve added a tone and gain control.
– The “bias” control shapes the character of the fuzz, bending the sound from a smooth, overdrive-like fuzz into a gated, “ripping velcro” fuzz tone (a la some of Homme’s best solo tones in QOTSA.)
– The “Gain” control acts just like the volume pot on your guitar – for a fuzz, this means it smooths the tone, providing a more overdrive-like quality. Or crank it for a blast of 60’s/70’s retro fuzz fry!
What Makes The Fuzz 292 Stand Out From The Crowd?
The JDM Fuzz 292 is not your run of the mill fuzz pedal. We started the voyage to fuzz heaven with the circuit from the classic one knob Colorsound Fuzz.
That fuzz-box had just one control: Volume. UP for loud, DOWN for not so loud. The “fuzz” amount was simply set to max, and you would plug it in and rip. We like simplicity. But, we also like features. What to do? We tweaked the formula (transistors, filter capacitors, bias values, etc) to taste and brought in a few more essential controls for tailoring the tone.
The key to our “Fuzz 292″ is a 3-way voicing switch; treble-boosted fuzz, a standard moderate gain voicing, and high gain fuzz-fever freakout. So at the flick of a switch, you can change the overall character of the Fuzz 292 and how it reacts to your picking and guitar volume knob adjustments. Selected vintage transistors and hand wiring bring you one of the best sounding fuzzes ever built.
Two Models To Fit Your Exact Needs
In addition to the (naturally necessary) volume control and 3-way voicing switch, we added both a tone and bias control, and the Red “Fuzz 292” was born. We designed the tone control so it doesn’t reduce the gain or output of the pedal. Use this to tame the “brightness” of the fuzz, or let it all all through for a classic 70′s fuzz-fry.
The “bias” control lets you shape the character of the fuzz further. Bend the character from a smooth, overdrive-like fuzz into a gated, “ripping velcro” fuzz tone ala’ some the best QOTSA solo tones .
The Blue “Fuzz 292” puts the tone control on an internal trimmer to save front panel space. This makes space for a gain control to the top panel. The classic way to control the “fuzziness” of a fuzz is with your volume pot (watch any live Hendrix videos to see this…) However, some players prefer to play with the volume on the guitar maxed out. They requested a “Gain” control on the pedal, and the “Blue Fuzz 292” was born.
We make our pedals by hand in Berlin, Germany (EU WEEE Reg. Nr. 98160529). We fine-tune each for optimal tone (transistor selection is key), and test each unit before shipping. The JDM Pedals “Fuzz 292” Features:
- True bypass switching
- Selected Silicon Transistors for incredible tone – high quality parts throughout – Alpha pots, Rean/Neutrik Jacks, Squires Wiring, Magical Pixie dust transistors, and some of that famous Berlin air is trapped inside when we close ’em up.
- Custom hand-finished Translucent Red or Blue enclosure, hand lettered.
- 3 Position Fuzz “Voicing” selector lets you select treble-boosted fuzz, lower gain full range, or a blistering hi-gain mode.
- Volume, Tone, Bias and 3-way switch are standard / Blue version swaps Tone for Gain control, but has an internal tone trim!
- Operates with standard +9vDC power supply / center negative (not included) or 9v battery (not included)